This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Integration of ISL code generator into Graphite
- From: Mircea Namolaru <mircea dot namolaru at inria dot fr>
- To: Roman Gareev <gareevroman at gmail dot com>
- Cc: Tobias Grosser <tobias at grosser dot es>, Albert Cohen <Albert dot Cohen at inria dot fr>, gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Wed, 30 Apr 2014 12:27:29 +0200 (CEST)
- Subject: Re: Integration of ISL code generator into Graphite
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CABGF_geM-zis3uxcUvzm-jgQ-=ehHB2P1kRFrAyv9=JOeB8J+w at mail dot gmail dot com> <532A0625 dot 8060208 at grosser dot es> <CABGF_gepvy1jxyF87WhqYC3NX08orbuXRoaL154DaJMEwjX2ZQ at mail dot gmail dot com> <532C27BE dot 8020008 at grosser dot es> <945345893 dot 118503 dot 1395666528384 dot JavaMail dot zimbra at inria dot fr> <53302F15 dot 6080408 at grosser dot es> <1157369205 dot 16761 dot 1395926272142 dot JavaMail dot zimbra at inria dot fr> <CABGF_gfgPkdUYHAEgObHBNJdhaKGCiovHJ63esYOzRpo70bD-A at mail dot gmail dot com>
1) it is thought that there is a correlation between
the time spent for designing of code and the time need for debugging it -
poor design could dramatically increase the debugging time. So don't rush
to have some pieces of code running - it is very important to have before a
clear picture of how these different pieces of code will fit together.
2) reuse code as much as possible - one source is of course Graphite - another
source may be the PPCG compiler that uses isl AST to generate C/CUDA/OpenCL code.
It is a source to source compiler, but still there are a lot of things that show you
how to work with isl ast and may considerably help you.
----- Original Message -----
> From: "Roman Gareev" <email@example.com>
> To: "Mircea Namolaru" <firstname.lastname@example.org>, "Tobias Grosser" <email@example.com>
> Cc: "Albert Cohen" <Albert.Cohen@inria.fr>, firstname.lastname@example.org
> Sent: Sunday, April 27, 2014 9:49:01 PM
> Subject: Re: Integration of ISL code generator into Graphite
> Hi Mircea.
> Sorry, I've been missing for a while. Thank you for your ideas! I
> agree that reusing of the existing code (especially code using
> tree-SSA related information) is important for this project. I'm
> considering the current code in graphite_clast_to_gimple.c, and want
> to ask a few questions about it. I'll send them in a new message.
> Cheers, Roman Gareev