This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: status of wide-int patch.
- From: Richard Biener <rguenther at suse dot de>
- To: Richard Sandiford <rdsandiford at googlemail dot com>
- Cc: Kyrill Tkachov <kyrylo dot tkachov at arm dot com>, Kenneth Zadeck <zadeck at naturalbridge dot com>, gcc <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>, Mike Stump <mikestump at comcast dot net>
- Date: Tue, 29 Apr 2014 15:29:44 +0200 (CEST)
- Subject: Re: status of wide-int patch.
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <535E89E8 dot 1080604 at naturalbridge dot com> <535F9D87 dot 9090807 at arm dot com> <8738gwcmf2 dot fsf at sandifor-thinkpad dot stglab dot manchester dot uk dot ibm dot com>
On Tue, 29 Apr 2014, Richard Sandiford wrote:
> Kyrill Tkachov <firstname.lastname@example.org> writes:
> > On 28/04/14 18:03, Kenneth Zadeck wrote:
> >> At this point we have believe that we have addressed all of the concerns
> >> that the community has made about the wide-int branch. We have also
> >> had each of the sections of the branch approved by the area maintainers.
> >> We are awaiting a clean build on the arm
> > Unfortunately arm bootstrap fails a bit further down the line in stage2 while
> > building libstdc++-v3/src/c++98/ios.cc:
> > xgcc: internal compiler error: Segmentation fault (program cc1plus)
> > Please submit a full bug report,
> > with preprocessed source if appropriate.
> > See <http://gcc.gnu.org/bugs.html> for instructions.
> > Running the cc1plus subcommand through gdb gives:
> > Program received signal SIGSEGV, Segmentation fault.
> > 0x005c32c8 in real_to_decimal_for_mode(char*, real_value const*, unsigned int,
> > unsigned int, int, machine_mode) ()
> > (gdb) bt
> > #0 0x005c32c8 in real_to_decimal_for_mode(char*, real_value const*, unsigned
> > int, unsigned int, int, machine_mode) ()
> > #1 0x000033f6 in ?? ()
> > Backtrace stopped: previous frame identical to this frame (corrupt stack?)
> > (gdb)
> > The debug info seems to be scarce here, any hints on where to look?
> Yeah, stage2 is built without debug info unfortunately. Try:
> cd gcc
> make clean
> cd ..
> make -j<whatever> BUILD_CONFIG=