This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Need some help with a possible bug
- From: Marc Glisse <marc dot glisse at inria dot fr>
- To: George R Goffe <grgoffe at yahoo dot com>
- Cc: "gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org" <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Thu, 24 Apr 2014 07:05:45 +0200 (CEST)
- Subject: Re: Need some help with a possible bug
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <1398309856 dot 35912 dot YahooMailNeo at web162106 dot mail dot bf1 dot yahoo dot com>
(should have been firstname.lastname@example.org, please send any follow-ups there)
On Wed, 23 Apr 2014, George R Goffe wrote:
I'm trying to build the latest gcc
Do you really need gcj? If not, please disable java.
and am getting a message from the
process "collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status" for this library
/usr/lsd/Linux/lib/libgmp.so. Here's the full msg:
"/usr/lsd/Linux/lib/libgmp.so: could not read symbols: File in wrong
You are doing a multilib build (--disable-multilib if you don't want
that), so it tries to build both a 64 bit and a 32 bit versions of
libjavamath.so, both of which want to link to GMP. So you need both
versions of GMP installed as well.
I thought the configure script in classpath would detect your missing 32
bit GMP and disable use of GMP in that case, but apparently not... You may
want to file a PR in bugzilla about that if there isn't one already. But
you'll need to provide more info there: your configure command line, the
file config.log in the 32 bit version of classpath, etc.