This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: C PreProcessor GCC-specific features ideas.
- From: Ian Lance Taylor <iant at google dot com>
- To: Solal <solal dot rastier at me dot com>
- Cc: GCC Development <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Tue, 22 Apr 2014 17:18:34 -0700
- Subject: Re: C PreProcessor GCC-specific features ideas.
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <53569B0B dot 9040101 at me dot com>
On Tue, Apr 22, 2014 at 9:38 AM, Solal <email@example.com> wrote:
> I've got ideas for improve the preprocessor with specific features.
> The basic idea is to make the preprocessing language a complete
> programming language.
We are very unlikely to add such features to GCC unless they first
become part of the C or C++ language standard.
There are other preprocessors better suited for general purpose
programming, such as m4.