This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: GCC 4.9.0 Release Candidate available from gcc.gnu.org
- From: Alexander Ivchenko <aivchenk at gmail dot com>
- To: Jakub Jelinek <jakub at redhat dot com>
- Cc: PaweÅ Sikora <pluto at agmk dot net>, Jonathan Wakely <jwakely dot gcc at gmail dot com>, gcc <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Thu, 17 Apr 2014 15:40:10 +0400
- Subject: Re: GCC 4.9.0 Release Candidate available from gcc.gnu.org
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <728d251d1ed1190b0e4664106f8e0b38 at agmk dot net> <CAH6eHdS96u+-kzvAexKM9y744bgYWCQ6jmZ22ouoLxkGQAsTQw at mail dot gmail dot com> <7aeba97778b75575c223ad7d0e89c707 at agmk dot net> <CACysShjOUK7aH=HdqNZ=KreytFePUq3Xnq2DSPjp=zFHhr5EsQ at mail dot gmail dot com> <20140417113159 dot GR1817 at tucnak dot redhat dot com>
That fixes "--disable-shared" case only, which is important for NDK build.
Without "--disable-shared" build fails because there is no -lpthread
on Android and pthreads are in libc there.
Apparently, cilkrts configure does not check that.
I can fix that in 4.9, but I'm ok with fixing it in trunk later as
well, depending on your decision.
2014-04-17 15:31 GMT+04:00 Jakub Jelinek <email@example.com>:
> On Thu, Apr 17, 2014 at 02:47:50PM +0400, Alexander Ivchenko wrote:
>> Is it ok to port this patch to 4.9 branch:
> If it always fails to bootstrap with cilkrts on Android right now, then
> the patch can't do more harm, so ok.
>> commit 15bee5d49b1c746fd3e784432d7e4988941a671e
>> Author: bviyer <bviyer@138bc75d-0d04-0410-961f-82ee72b054a4>
>> Date: Fri Apr 11 19:56:42 2014 +0000
>> Fix for PR other/60644.
>> +2014-04-11 Barry Tannenbaum <firstname.lastname@example.org>
>> + PR other/60644
>> + * runtime/os-unix.c: Replaced all occurrances of ANDROID with
>> + __ANDROID__.
>> + * runtime/bug.h: Likewise.
>> + * include/cilk/metaprogramming.h: Likewise.
>> + * include/cilk/reducer_min_max.h: Likewise.