This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: LRA Stuck in a loop until aborting
- From: Jeff Law <law at redhat dot com>
- To: Richard Henderson <rth at redhat dot com>, pshortis at dataworx dot com dot au, gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Wed, 16 Apr 2014 21:00:42 -0600
- Subject: Re: LRA Stuck in a loop until aborting
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <fc847518922f9baf6394b7982d05edce at dataworx dot com dot au> <534EFEB4 dot 40407 at dataworx dot com dot au> <534F01EB dot 30004 at redhat dot com>
On 04/16/14 16:19, Richard Henderson wrote:
Correct on all counts; many an hour was spent reimplementing the PA
movXX patterns to satisfy that requirement.
The register allocators only select an alternative for a move. They do not
choose between N different patterns, separately describing loads, stores, and
I'm fairly sure the documentation is quite clear on this, and GCC had required
this since the beginning of time.