This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Rename unwind.h to unwind-gcc.h
- From: Douglas B Rupp <rupp at adacore dot com>
- To: Eric Botcazou <ebotcazou at adacore dot com>, Richard Henderson <rth at redhat dot com>
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org, John Marino <gnugcc at marino dot st>, Ian Lance Taylor <iant at google dot com>
- Date: Wed, 16 Apr 2014 12:48:58 -0700
- Subject: Re: Rename unwind.h to unwind-gcc.h
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <534C168F dot 8060400 at adacore dot com> <534E2ACC dot 5010500 at marino dot st> <534EBB35 dot 50708 at redhat dot com> <1877952 dot 3XkdaK6dCj at polaris>
On 04/16/2014 12:38 PM, Eric Botcazou wrote:
Because GCC would then be already incompatible with the Intel compiler from
which this interface was drawn, way back when the ia64 support was added to
GCC and we redesigned GCC's exception handling.
The irony being that WindRiver is now owned by Intel...
Doug, what does this unwind.h from VxWorks 7 contain exactly? Is it something
that is derived from the original ICC implementation?
There's no reference in it to a derivative work. It's
Copyright 2010 Wind River
and the description says it's the C++ ABI interface to the unwinder.