This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Rename unwind.h to unwind-gcc.h
- From: Jonathan Wakely <jwakely dot gcc at gmail dot com>
- To: Douglas B Rupp <rupp at adacore dot com>
- Cc: "gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org" <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Tue, 15 Apr 2014 13:03:42 +0100
- Subject: Re: Rename unwind.h to unwind-gcc.h
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <534C168F dot 8060400 at adacore dot com> <CAKOQZ8wOqyJp1dEDJAOcZfrq7y2OKtjNsZ8KyUstTYK5Y769gQ at mail dot gmail dot com> <534D1BD1 dot 1080100 at adacore dot com>
On 15 April 2014 12:45, Douglas B Rupp wrote:
> No I considered that but I think that number will be very small. Will you
> concede, in hindsight, that it would be better had the name been chosen to
> be more unique?
No argument from me there, but the same applies to VxWorks, who have
now chosen the same not-very-distinctive name, but it's even worse in
their case as that name has been in use by GCC for many years.
This seems rather foolish of VxWorks, but knowing that doesn't solve anything.
Could we install the file as unwind-gcc.h and conditionally install
another file called unwind.h with the content below if a configure
test including <unwind.h> fails:
#warning "This header file is deprecated, use unwind-gcc.h instead"