This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Rename unwind.h to unwind-gcc.h
- From: Ian Lance Taylor <iant at google dot com>
- To: Douglas B Rupp <rupp at adacore dot com>
- Cc: GCC Development <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>, Olivier Hainque <hainque at adacore dot com>
- Date: Mon, 14 Apr 2014 11:01:17 -0700
- Subject: Re: Rename unwind.h to unwind-gcc.h
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <534C168F dot 8060400 at adacore dot com>
On Mon, Apr 14, 2014 at 10:10 AM, Douglas B Rupp <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
> VxWorks7 has introduced an incompatible unwind.h header file that conflicts
> with gcc's unwind.h (which is a build time header file linked to the
> appropriate source header).
> I'd like to propose renaming gcc's unwind.h to unwind-gcc.h
> There are 54 occurrences in the gcc source tree, including the testsuite and
> one in the gdb testsuite.
> I have a patch ready to submit, but wished to get a preliminary reaction and
> have a discussion on issues I might have failed to consider.
You may have failed to consider that unwind.h is installed and can be
#include'd by any program that is built with GCC. Renaming the
installed file will break an unknown number of existing programs.