Re: Code emitted was bloated with no optimisation.

Andrew Haley <aph@redhat.com> writes:
> On 04/10/2014 04:12 PM, Umesh Kalappa wrote:
>
>> Please somebody from the group can share their thoughts and will be
>> appricate the same.
>
> But unoptimized code is expected to be large.  Why do you expect
> otherwise?

Sure, but this is a bit extreme.  I don't see off-hand how a[i]
would generate a branch, for starters.

But it's very hard to answer this kind of question for a private port.
How is Pmode defined?  If it's a partial integer mode like PSImode,
is the problem that the arithmetic is being done in SImode?

Thanks,
Richard