RE: Unexpected presence of __eprintf in libgcc.a when using newlib

> From: Ian Lance Taylor [mailto:iant@google.com]
>
> I don't think anything uses __eprintf any more.  The function has been
> left behind for very very very old systems.  Actually we could
> probably remove it now.  Probably the old support for not building
> __eprintf when --with-newlib was specified has bitrotted.

Removing it would be great. I'm working on a patch to automatically pull support
for floating point in printf/scanf and having eprintf in libgcc lead to such support
to be always pulled in since it calls printf and the format used is not a string litteral.

Should I propose a patch to remove it?

Best regards,

Thomas