Dynamic loading and unloading of functions in gcc-4.

Hello,

The General Optimizer Improvements for GCC-4.9 states that function bodies are now loaded on-demand and released early improving overall memory usage
at link time.
Even on searching for the implementation of this feature in the source
code, I was unable to find where this has been implemented. It would be
great if someone can point me to the required code for the dynamic loading
of the functions.
Further, has unloading of the functions also been implemented? If yes,
please point me to that code as well.

Thank you very much!

Regards,
Aditya Bhandari