Re: libsanitizer builds slowly

On Mon, Dec 16, 2013 at 12:04:09PM -0800, Mike Stump wrote:
> I've been doing make -j70 and -j70 restrap and libasan seems to build 1 file at a time.

That is certainly not the case, look more carefully and you'll note that it
will start compiling tons of sources at once, the problem is just that there is one
file that takes significantly longer to compile than any other
(asan_interceptors.cc), and with multilib it is compiled 4 times effectively
sequentially (because, libtool always compiles the -fPIC and non-pic
versions one after each other), and multilib variants are also serialized.

	Jakub