This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: build broken on ppc linux?!
- From: Arnaud Charlet <charlet at adacore dot com>
- To: Richard Biener <richard dot guenther at gmail dot com>
- Cc: Jonathan Wakely <jwakely dot gcc at gmail dot com>, Peter Bergner <bergner at vnet dot ibm dot com>, David Edelsohn <dje dot gcc at gmail dot com>, Mike Stump <mikestump at comcast dot net>, Kostya Serebryany <kcc at google dot com>, Jakub Jelinek <jakub at redhat dot com>, gcc List <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Fri, 22 Nov 2013 12:47:17 +0100
- Subject: Re: build broken on ppc linux?!
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <5376FADB-7E9F-45C6-8F47-F1F2EA15374C at comcast dot net> <CAGWvnykYv04xQ0c1fEco6N82pPTg9=TC_uCnCJ4v88NF-VWR4w at mail dot gmail dot com> <1385068635 dot 4783 dot 24 dot camel at otta> <CAH6eHdQjd84fGHrxSOgfZaNpspH=2u0M35k5AWSH9Dfmk-YG-Q at mail dot gmail dot com> <CAFiYyc2BjL4WMNE9_U2xsRhuaVCexcuUZTmuf53wb9=ZztRoUQ at mail dot gmail dot com>
> >>> Looks like another issue for the libsanitizer maintainers.
> >> I've been doing bootstraps, but didn't see this because the
> >> kernel header linux/vt.h use on the RHEL6 system I was doing
> >> builds on has that field renamed. Looking at our SLES11
> >> devel system I do see the problematic header file.
> > Yes, it only seems to be a problem with SUSE kernels:
> > http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc/2013-11/msg00090.html
> As my bugreport is being ignored it would help if one ouf our
> partners (hint! hint!) would raise this issue via the appropriate
> channel ;)
BTW I do not know if this is related, but my build of GCC is stuck
currently with this error message:
/users/charlet/fsf/trunk/libsanitizer/sanitizer_common/sanitizer_linux.cc: Assembler messages:
/users/charlet/fsf/trunk/libsanitizer/sanitizer_common/sanitizer_linux.cc:821: Error: .cfi_endproc without corresponding .cfi_startproc
:21485: Error: open CFI at the end of file; missing .cfi_endproc directive
make: *** [sanitizer_linux.lo] Error 1
Would appreciate a fix/work around!