Re: [RFC] Replace Java with Go in default languages

On Wed, Nov 13, 2013 at 1:51 PM, Andrew Haley <aph@redhat.com> wrote:
> On 11/13/2013 12:37 PM, Richard Biener wrote:

>>> I don't get it.  If you want not to build libgcj in bootstrap, don't
>>> build it.  But there's no need to mess about like this.
>>
>> I also want to reduce repository size by removing parts of (or you
>> say all of?) classpath, retaining only those portions we need for
>> bootstrap & regtest.
>
> Really?  Wouldn't it make more sense for people to check out what they
> need?  Is this a mayor issue?

It was one of the major complaints we received when dropping the
split of the distributed tarballs, that is, no more gcc-core-4.8.2.tar.bz2.
libjava is roughly half of the whole source tarball ...

But I don't know much about the libjava setup to say if making classpath
external would even work.

Richard.