Re: Mothballing C11 atomic work for now.

On Wed, Nov 06, 2013 at 10:07:36PM +0000, Joseph S. Myers wrote:
> The patch I've posted at
> <http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc-patches/2013-11/msg00493.html> is intended to
> be mainline-ready (with the hopes that other people may pick up the ObjC
> and OpenMP issues, and floating-point handling for non-x86 targets, once

For OpenMP, the current standards (including 4.0) only cover C89/C99, but
not C11, so mixing C11 _Atomic with OpenMP is in the unspecified
category; sorry on any use of _Atomic with -fopenmp is too strict, but I
guess at least until the standard starts supporting C11 we are on our own to
define how the two features should coexist.  I'd say it would be safest to
disallow _Atomic in most of the clauses at least for the time being,
allow it in shared clause.  Because, what would be behavior of say
privatized _Atomic variable (or firstprivate, lastprivate, copyin,
reduction, ...)?
Also using _Atomic for say OpenMP loop iterators sounds weird (but, that is
essentially the matter of privatization too).

	Jakub