Re: fatal error: gnu/stubs-32.h: No such file

On 16 July 2013 13:46, Gabriel Dos Reis wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 16, 2013 at 4:39 AM, Florian Weimer <fweimer@redhat.com> wrote:
>> I think this is actually a glibc problem.  I wonder if it's possible to
>> install a stubs-32.h file in a suitable location by default which contains
>> an illuminating #error directive.  That file would be hidden by the real one
>> if you install the actual 32 bit development environment.
>>
>> --
>> Florian Weimer / Red Hat Product Security Team
>
> that wouldn't solve the failures on current systems.

GCC sources could contain a gnu/stubs-32.h header with an #error and
ensure that the right directory to find it is searched when building
the target libraries, but only after all other directories.  It
wouldn't need to be installed with GCC because it's only needed while
configuring the target libs.