Re: Should -Wmaybe-uninitialized be included in -Wall?

On Wed, Jul 10, 2013 at 06:11:11PM +0200, Andi Kleen wrote:
> FWIW basically -Werror -Wall defines a compiler version specific
> variant of C. May be great for individual developers, but it's always
> a serious mistake in any distributed Makefile.

Not always.  Any project large enough (or serious enough about build
reproducibility) to include its own toolchain can be written in that
compiler-version-specific subset and nonetheless be worked on by more
than one person.  This is not uncommon in the BSDs, for example; see
instances of "WARNS=4".

It's an uncommon use case (and, I think, not a justification for changing
-Wall), but it does exist and it is useful.

--Jed