Re: rl78-elf: Compilation broken due to missing constraint

On Fri, 2013-07-12 04:42:26 +0000, Kaushik Phatak <Kaushik.Phatak@kpitcummins.com> wrote:
> > I guess you forgot a small patch to constraints.md, because since this commit which uses a new "U" constraint, the rl78-elf target won't
> > build:
> > 2013-05-31  Kaushik Phatak  <kaushik.phatak@kpitcummins.com>
> >
> >	* config/rl78/rl78.md (mulqi3,mulhi3): New define_expands.
> >	(*mulqi3_rl78,*mulhi3_rl78,*mulhi3_g13): New define_insns.
>
> Yes, DJ did point out this missing constraint in my patch. I have posted this and committed this patch last month itself,
>
> It does seem to have got submitted to gcc-cvs and I am able to see this change when I do a svn update,
> http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc-cvs/2013-06/msg00409.html
>
> Please correct me if I am wrong on this.

I think that you simply missed to commit the constraints.md part of
the patch. Looking at SVN commit 199976
(http://gcc.gnu.org/viewcvs/gcc?view=revision&revision=199976), the
changelog mentions the addition of the new "U" constraint, but the
actual patch is missing it.  And if you look at the
gcc-cvs@gcc.gnu.org email that was caused by your commit, the
constraints.md part is missing there, too.

MfG, JBG

--
      Jan-Benedict Glaw      jbglaw@lug-owl.de              +49-172-7608481
  Signature of:                          Zensur im Internet? Nein danke!