Re: Should -Wmaybe-uninitialized be included in -Wall?

Andrew Haley <aph@redhat.com> writes:

> On 07/09/2013 12:59 PM, Andreas Arnez wrote:
>> With this situation at hand, I wonder whether it's a good idea to keep
>> maybe-uninitialized included in -Wall.  Projects which have been using
>> "-Wall -Werror" successfully for many years are now forced to
>> investigate non-existing bugs in their code.
>
> But maybe-uninitialized is very useful, and it's not really inappropriate
> for -Wall.  I would question the appropriateness of using -Wall -Werror
> in production code.

Unfortunately a number of projects do that. I regularly have to remove
-Werror from shipped makefiles, and it's primarily due to this warning.

Maybe not erroring on the maybe by default would be a good idea?

-Andi

--
ak@linux.intel.com -- Speaking for myself only