Re: put ELF reloc section against section with template function instantiation in the same COMDAT group

2013/7/8 Andrew Pinski <pinskia@gmail.com>:
> I think GCC's behavior is depend on the assembler which is being used.
>  So if you used Sun's assembler it would have placed it in the same
> COMDAT group.  Meaning this is really a GNU binutils issue rather than
> a GCC one.

Thank you.

I believe GCC on Solaris is using GNU as and Sun ld, don't know about Sun CC.

I would appreciate if anyone could explain what is the impact of
including or not including
relocation entries in the same COMDAT group.