Re: fatal error: gnu/stubs-32.h: No such file

On Sun, Jul 7, 2013 at 10:55 PM, Gabriel Dos Reis
<gdr@integrable-solutions.net> wrote:
> On Mon, Jul 8, 2013 at 12:19 AM, Andrew Pinski <pinskia@gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Sun, Jul 7, 2013 at 10:17 PM, Gabriel Dos Reis
>> <gdr@integrable-solutions.net> wrote:

>>> Ha, if it is that spread then we might have even more reasons to
>>> have it work more generally, for example, by disabling multilib by default.
>>> I think the situation we are in now is very different from the situation
>>> we were in more than a decade ago.
>>
>> I think disable multilib by default is a mistake and is a broken
>> choice for broken distros which don't install the 32bit development by
>> default when you install the development part.
>
> Why do you think it is a broken choice?
>
> Personally, I don't see anything broken with that.  The world we are
> in today is very different from a decade ago.  More than a decade ago,
> a multilib build by default -probably- made sense; I don't see that today.

Maybe on x86 it does not make sense (until x32 comes into play) but
for other targets like MIPS64 or soon AARCH64 it does make sense
because the they both have a 32bit ABI which sites over the 64bit ISA.

I think the problem is still in the distros rather than GCC.

Thanks,
Andrew Pinski