Re: Git mirror: asan branch

Hi!

On Wed, 3 Jul 2013 00:18:17 +0200, Andreas Schwab <schwab@linux-m68k.org> wrote:
> Thomas Schwinge <thomas@codesourcery.com> writes:
>
> > If I configure my local Git checkout of the GCC Git mirror to include all
> > branches, per <http://gcc.gnu.org/wiki/GitMirror#Fetching_all_branches>,
> > then I get:
> >
> >     fatal: refs/remotes/origin/asan tracks both refs/heads/asan and refs/remotes/asan
> >
> > Is that a local problem of mine, or a glitch in the gcc.gnu.org Git
> > repository configuration?
>
> It's a bug in the remotes configuration.  The two remotes should be
> stored into different namespaces (eg refs/remotes/origin/heads/* and
> refs/remotes/origin/remotes/*), instead of trying to merge them
> together.

OK, that of course works, but from the wiki page I got the idea that it
explicitly was meant to merge these together.  So assuming this used to
work in the past, I wonder what so that it no longer does; such as Git
allowing such duplicates merging in the past, and/or was the intersection
of refs/remotes/* and refs/heads/* meant to be the empty set (then I
assume the merging would work, too), but no longer is?

GrÃÃe,
 Thomas