Re: LTO : how to specify number of chunks with option -flto-partition=balanced

For -flto-partition=balanced, if user does not specify the --param lto-partitions and --param lto-min-partition,
will GCC partition the program?
If yes what is the criteria?

Where can we get more help on using the --param lto-partitions and --param lto-min-partition?
We want to know how the partitions are formed using these options.
Cases
1. when we specify --param lto-partitions=3 -> no partitions are formed.
2. when we specify --param lto-partitions=3 --param lto-min-partition=5 -> 3 partitions are formed
3. when we specify --param lto-min-partition=5 -> 7 partitions are formed

We understand cases 2 and 3.
However in case 1 why no partitions are formed?
Is it that when lto-min-partition is not specified, partitions will not be formed?

Regards,
Swati