gcc - setting the uninitialized state (tainting variables)

Hi, I was looking into the possibility of setting a variable as
uninitialized again (after its been initialized at least once
already).

This could be handy for track simple errors when a variables been used
after its value is logically invalid (where its initialized but the
developer decides the value should not be used until re-initialized).

It could be used tag freed memory though I'm aware this isn't
comparable with real static analysis so I wouldn't propose this as a
primary reason to have such a function.

This may be considered an abuse of the uninitialized warning, so some
ability to `taint` a variable could be handy instead.

I attempted to taint a variable by setting it to an uninitialized
value but this only warns on the assignment (rather then transferring
the uninitialized state).

Is this possible or has it been considered before?

I asked this question on stackoverflow, perhaps useful to help give
some more context.
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/16745981/is-there-a-way-to-set-a-variable-as-uninitialized-in-gcc-clang-c

--
- Campbell