Re: -Og changes on 4.7.3?

On 05/13/2013 01:27 AM, Chung-Ju Wu wrote:
2013/5/13 Basile Starynkevitch<basile@starynkevitch.net>:

This would be for personal use and not necessarily proposed for
general release.

For personal use it is so much simpler to just build GCC 4.8 and use it.
No good reason to stick to a patched GCC 4.7

Cheers.
--

I guess Gene was concerning about stability of the released version.

Since 4.8 is just released with revision number '0' (4.8.0),
people may think 4.7.[34] is more stable with bugfixes and
prefer to stick to 4.7 released version.

Yes, I am pretty much committed to stick with the stable release 4.7 or earlier. Even patching it is probably a stretch. But as mentioned in another reply, I am experimenting with 4.8 anyhow since back-porting the -Og patch is beyond my skill level, as I quickly learned.
-gene

Best regards,
jasonwucj