Re: Porting libsanitizer to aarch64

On Tue, May 21, 2013 at 05:35:45PM +0200, Christophe Lyon wrote:
> I have been looking at enabling libsanitizer for aarch64 GCC compilers.
>
> To make the build succeed, I had to modify libsanitizer code:
> - some syscalls are not available on aarch64 (libsanitizer uses some
> legacy ones such as open, readlink, stat, ...)
> - unwinding code needs to be added.
>
> What's the way of discussing such patches? On GCC lists or elsewhere?

libsanitizer/ changes for code imported from upstream repo needs to be
discussed with the asan maintainers and done first in the upstream repo,
then imported.

> Then arises a runtime problem: aarch64's frame grows upward which is
> not supported: how long would it take to develop this support if at
> all possible?

Better do what all other targets that want to support -fstack-protector*
or -fsanitize=address, use frame grows downward if flag_stack_protector
|| flag_asan.  You wouldn't have -fstack-protector* support otherwise
either.

> I have not looked at tsan in detail yet, it currently does not build
> for aarch64 either.

tsan is right now x86_64 only, but that decision is pretty much the runtime
library decision on what will be supported.

	Jakub