Re: GCC 4.8.1 Status Report (2013-05-07)

On Tue, 7 May 2013 13:29:30 +0200
Jakub Jelinek <jakub@redhat.com> wrote:

> Status
> ======
>
> GCC 4.8.0 has been released more than one and half months ago, and the
> number of bugfixes on the branch is growing (70 fixed bugs with 4.8.1
> milestone so far, including 5 P1s), and additionally the C++ frontend
> reached C++11 feature completion milestone, so it is almost time to
> release the GCC 4.8.1.  I'd like to release it if all goes well in
> about two weeks from now, with a release candidate mid next week.
> There is one P1 bug currently open (--disable-nls bootstrap issue
> on MinGW, Diego, can you please look at it?) and several regressions from
> 4.7.x, so please try to help with bugfixing to make GCC 4.8.1 a good and
> stable release.

We really need TARGET_H added back to PLUGIN_HEADERS for grsecurity and
dragonegg.  The PR is 56754 and a patch is posted at

Bootstrap is also broken with --disable-dependency-tracking.  This is PR 55930.
As far as I can tell no one has looked at it yet.

--
gcc-porting
toolchain, wxwidgets