Re: OpenACC support in 4.9

On 05/06/2013 07:41 AM, Tobias Burnus wrote:
Evgeny Gavrin wrote:
What do you think about support of OpenACC 1.0
(http://www.openacc-standard.org/) in gcc?

I like the idea - though, I wonder whether OpenMP 4.0's "target"* would
be the better choice as it looks a bit more flexible and better defined.
(Conceptually, they are very similar; I think the
middle-end/back-end/library part would even be the same.)
We're certainly hoping that OpenACC & OpenMP 4 & Cilk+ can share certain parts of their implementations. We're already seeing OpenMP 4 and Cilk starting to converge on some stuff.

In a perfect world, there'd only be one standard for this stuff. That's not likely, so I'd be happy with parsing/FE kinds of things being specific to each standard with everything from initial gimple generation through the optimizers being shared. That may not ultimately be possible, but I think that's the right way to look at the work.

Jeff