Re: return statement in a function with the naked attribute

On 05/02/2013 07:54 PM, Ian Lance Taylor wrote:
On Thu, May 2, 2013 at 3:44 PM, reed kotler <rkotler@mips.com> wrote:
Should a return statement be emitted in a function that has the naked
attribute.
I vote yes.
why would you want that? naked functions are just inline asm.
you can generate your own return statement.

I meant to end that statement with a question mark. :)
There seems to be some confusion here and apparently disagreement between
various
gcc compilers.
Which targets do not generate a return instruction for a naked function?
I don't think that any that support naked functions emit a return instruction.
Ian