naked function attribute support for Mips

This issue of naked function attribute support for Mips has come up in the context of LLVM and in regards to maintaining compatibility with gcc.

It's my understanding that the idea of the naked function attribute was rejected for gcc Mips.

I'm curious as to why.

For LLVM it basically works just by nature of how LLVM works in its target independent part.

It will not emit the function prologue or epilogue.

It still emits the .frame, .mask and .fmask because that is Mips specific code that does not currently know about the naked function attribute, but that is a separate issue.

There is also the issue of the return statement but this also a separate non Mips specific issue and I will post that separately.

Tia.

Reed