GSoC openMP task scheduling Advice

Hi,

I'm MSc High-Performance Computing student at Polytechnic University
of Catalonia(BarcelonaTech). I'm interesting openmp task scheduling
optimization or openmp 3.1 facility taskyield.

@For Task scheduling
I'm using mercurium compiler already at my university because the
compiler was developed by my university. In fact i'm working on
openACC integration at mercurium. However i haven't enough knowledge
nanos scheduler.

I read 3 articles that you recommend related task scheduling. Cilk and
work-first scheduling algorithms makes sense for me with cut-off
mechanism. I suppose cut-off mechanism will decide on run-time.

Now I'm trying to understand which task scheduler is better in some
cases at nanos scheduler
(https://pm.bsc.es/projects/nanox/wiki/UserManual/Schedule). I'll
analyze result with PARAVER profiling tool.

However i am not sure for this topics. Should i develop a new
task-scheduler? otherwise should I optimize existing scheduler?

King regards,

Güray Özen
Polytechnic University of Catalonia