[Android] The reason why -Bsymbolic is turned on by default

Hi,

When compiling a shared library with "-mandroid -shared" the option
-Bsymbolic for linker is turned on by default. What was the reason
behind that default?  Isn't using of -Bsymbolic somehow dangerous and
should be avoided..? (as e.g. is explained in the mail from Richard
Henderson http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc/2001-05/msg01551.html).

Since there is no (AFAIK) option like -Bno-symbolic we cannot use
-fno-pic binary with COPY relocations in it (android dynamic loader
will throw an error when there is COPY relocation against DT_SYMBOLIC
library..)

(I'm sorry for sending it twice to Maxim - new google interface made
my text too "rich")

thank you in advance,

Alexander