This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Question regarding "patch to remove temporary clobbers in LRA"
- From: Steven Bosscher <stevenb dot gcc at gmail dot com>
- To: Vladimir Makarov <vmakarov at redhat dot com>
- Cc: GCC Mailing List <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2013 23:00:29 +0100
- Subject: Question regarding "patch to remove temporary clobbers in LRA"
Back in October, you added a patch to remove extra clobbers introduced by LRA:
This also disables some -frename-registers opportunities (a few 100 on
x86-64 for my collection of cc1-i files).
Do you think it's be possible (and worth the effort) to implement
something that keeps clobbers for registers that are live above the
clobber after removing the clobber?