Re: hard typdef - proposal - I know it's not in the standard

On 28 January 2013 06:18, Alec Teal wrote:
> the very
> nature of just putting the word "hard" before a typedef is something I find
> appealing

I've already explained why that's not likely to be acceptable, because
identifiers are allowed before 'typedef' and it would be ambiguous.
You need a different syntax.

> That is why I'd want both, but at least in my mind n3515 would be nearer to
> "if I really wanted it I could use classes" than the hard-typedef.

I've already said N3515 is not about classes.

It can be used to define strong typedefs for classes, which is needed
because most types in real C++ programs are class types, but it also
works for scalar types.