Offset from frame pointer question

Hello,
I have an RTL pass that obtains the offset-from-frame-pointer of each stack
variable per function.  I get this data after the expand pass has worked
its magic.  Anyways, the offset is usually correct.  However, I am running into
a case where I see the offset as being 2-word sizes off from what it actually is
(verified in GDB).  I have no idea what could be causing this, as I would
figure any alignment and padding would have been calculated when the
stack-offset for the variable was calculated in expand_on_stack_var.  Does
anyone have any idea why the offset from stack, for the RTL expression that
represents my variable, is sometimes 2 words off?

Thanks!

-Matt