This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Long term viability of GCC (was Re: gcc : c++11 : full support : eta?)
- From: Andrew Haley <aph at redhat dot com>
- To: Diego Novillo <dnovillo at google dot com>
- Cc: Uday Khedker <uday at cse dot iitb dot ac dot in>, "gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org" <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2013 09:28:38 +0000
- Subject: Re: Long term viability of GCC (was Re: gcc : c++11 : full support : eta?)
- References: <CAD_=9DS6OTDn89-ZDQKEb9GzccAi_hJ0ZQt3sos2t0G2ESh7bA@mail.gmail.com>
On 01/23/2013 07:38 PM, Diego Novillo wrote:
> Evolving this codebase is largely a thankless and difficult job. It's
> technically interesting to me, but I know I can only do so much.
It's also worth pointing out that historically it's been very
difficult to persuade people to fund this. Many companies want back-
ends for their chosen processor, but not many want to pay to
reorganize GCC itself, which would benefit every user.