Re: gcc : c++11 : full support : eta?

About the time Clang does because GCC now has to compete."
How about that? Clang is currently slightly ahead and GCC really needs
to change if it is to continue to be the best.

Best is measured by many metrics, and it is unrealistic to expect any product to be best in all respects.

Anyway, it still comes down to figuring out how to find the resources.
Not clear that there is commercial interest in rapid implementation
of c++11, we certainly have not heard of any such interest, and in the absence of such commercial interest, we do indeed come down to hoping
to find the volunteer help that is needed.