Re: libada configure contains wrong code and GNAT as a cross compiler in general

> 1) The latest problem I'm having is that it fails to build
> libgnat-4.6.so, I've managed to track it down to the following code
> inside libada/configure:
>
>     # Determine what to build for 'gnatlib'
>     if test $build = $target \
>        && test ${enable_shared} = yes ; then
>       # Note that build=target is almost certainly the wrong test; FIXME
>       default_gnatlib_target="gnatlib-shared"
>     else
>       default_gnatlib_target="gnatlib-plain"
>     fi
>
> Surely, it shouldn't matter whether the $build = $target is true or not,
> it should be whether the target supports shared libs or not. So, am I ok
> to remove this test (keeping the enable_shared test)? Is there anything
> else that could break because of this change?

Yes, I think that you can remove the build=target part, provided that this
makes it possible to build the shared library.  If there are other problems
downhill, then they will need to be addressed first.

> In fact, should the code in libada/configure script actually do platform
> tests, just as they are done in the gnattools/configure script?

Maybe, but whether it's the right thing to do for the problem at hand is not
clear.  libada is for the target while gnattools are for the host.  The libada
configury should bear a ressemblance to the other target libraries.

--
Eric Botcazou