Re: Deprecate i386 for GCC 4.8?

My primary concern centers whether any 386 w/o fpu IP cores or space hardened i386dx/sx or 486sx CPUs are impacted. These could be used in new designs.

This also eliminates gcc from use on any older embedded x86 boards w/o fpu.

RTEMS still supports these but depends on gcc as the foundation. We can use qemu to automate testing gcc. We have been periodically posting results but not in the past few months. I did a build sweep in the 4.8 devel cycle but ended up using most of my time to report PRs.

I realize that for mainstream PCs, these are ancient and a good candidate for deprecation.

--joel