Re: Please don't deprecate i386 for GCC 4.8

On Fri, Dec 14, 2012 at 9:16 PM, Robert Dewar <dewar@adacore.com> wrote:
> On 12/14/2012 3:13 PM, Cynthia Rempel wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> RTEMS still supports the i386, and there are many i386 machines still
>> in use.  Deprecating the i386 will negatively impact RTEMS ability to
>> support the i386.  As Steven Bosscher said, the "benefits" are small,
>> and the impact would be serious for RTEMS i386 users.
>
> Since there is a significant maintenance burden for such continued
> support, I guess a question to ask is whether the RTEMS folks or
> someone using RTEMS are willing to step in and shoulder this burden.

Btw, while I see very sporadical testresults for arm-rtems and older results
for v850 and sparc and powerpc-rtems testresult posting on gcc-testresults
no such results exist for i386-rtems in 2012 which means it's current status
is in the dark.

If you want a port to be live show that it is live by posting regular
testresults
to gcc-testresults.

Thanks,
Richard.