To: "Leif Ekblad" <leif@rdos.net>
Sent: Wednesday, December 12, 2012 9:59 PM
Subject: Re: x86-64 medium memory model

On Wed, Dec 12, 2012 at 12:56 PM, Leif Ekblad <leif@rdos.net> wrote:
I'm working on OS-adaptations for an OS that would use x86-64 applications
that are located above 4G, but not in the upper area. Binutils provide a
function to be able to set the start of text to above 4G, but there are
problems with GCC when using this memory model.

Have you tried PIE with small model? You can place your binaries above 4G with better performance.

--
H.J.