This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Deprecate i386 for GCC 4.8?
- From: Robert Dewar <dewar at adacore dot com>
- To: Steven Bosscher <stevenb dot gcc at gmail dot com>
- Cc: GCC Mailing List <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>, Uros Bizjak <ubizjak at gmail dot com>
- Date: Wed, 12 Dec 2012 14:39:13 -0500
- Subject: Re: Deprecate i386 for GCC 4.8?
- References: <CABu31nNt-DtF3r9csE9vKcN=DgnKpaHgf3cNx8ugOCfxqd8n1g@mail.gmail.com>
On 12/12/2012 1:01 PM, Steven Bosscher wrote:
Linux support for i386 has been removed. Should we do the same for GCC?
The "oldest" ix86 variant that'd be supported would be i486.
Are there any embedded chips that still use the 386 instruction set?