Re: Hash table iterators.

On 11/22/2012 01:18 PM, Lawrence Crowl wrote:
I have found that tree-flow.h implements iteration over htab_t,
while there is no current facility to do that with hash_table.
Unfortunately, the specific form does not match the standard C++
approach to iterators.  We have several choices.

(1) Ignore the problem and leave all such tables as htab_t.

(2) Write new hash_table iteration functions to match the form of
the existing GCC macro/function approach.

(3) Write new hash_table iteration functions to match the form used
by the C++ standard.  This approach would entail modifying the loops.

Diego and I have a preference for (3). What do you prefer?

I don't like (1) for sure.

Before deciding a preference between (2) and (3), what are the actual differences? ie, is (2) doing something practical that (3) has to bend over for, or is (3)'s format better but wasn't practical before? is (2) otherwise useful going forward?

Andrew