This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: 32-bit PowerPC reference test platform
- From: David Edelsohn <dje dot gcc at gmail dot com>
- To: Sebastian Huber <sebastian dot huber at embedded-brains dot de>
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Tue, 6 Nov 2012 09:32:03 -0500
- Subject: Re: 32-bit PowerPC reference test platform
- References: <5098CA96.email@example.com>
On Tue, Nov 6, 2012 at 3:30 AM, Sebastian Huber
> what is the reference test platform for the 32-bit PowerPC target? We have
> the primary target powerpc64-unknown-linux-gnu and the secondary target
> powerpc-ibm-aix22.214.171.124. On the GCC compile farm there is no AIX available
First, I am trying to have IBM contribute an AIX system to the GCC Compile Farm.
> and I don't have an AIX machine. On which platform should I test to show
> that changes like this
> cause no harm?
I am not sure what you mean by 32 bit PowerPC target? Yes, AIX
defaults to building 32 bit applications, but 32 bit PowerPC
processors are quite different (both Freescale processors and other
PPC32 targets). And AIX does not support ELF, sdata, sdata2, etc. that
are referenced in many of those testcases.