This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: detecting integer overflows
- From: Oleg Endo <oleg dot endo at t-online dot de>
- To: michael dot buro at gmail dot com
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Tue, 30 Oct 2012 09:55:37 +0100
- Subject: Re: detecting integer overflows
- References: <email@example.com.HOWL>
On Tue, 2012-10-30 at 01:09 -0600, Michael Buro wrote:
> Recently I came across http://embed.cs.utah.edu/ioc/ which describes a
> sophisticated integer overflow checker for Clang. The reported results
> obtained by analyzing C/C++ open source projects make a convincing
> case for implementing such functionality in gcc/g++ as well. Is
> somebody looking into this?
Not sure, but we've still got a half-broken -ftrapv :)
Or like on SH, some of the arithmetic ops get expanded to libcalls and
some (afair SImode plus and minus) end up as normal ops.