This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
detecting integer overflows
- From: Michael Buro <michael dot buro at gmail dot com>
- To: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Tue, 30 Oct 2012 01:09:00 -0600
- Subject: detecting integer overflows
- Reply-to: michael dot buro at gmail dot com
Recently I came across http://embed.cs.utah.edu/ioc/ which describes a
sophisticated integer overflow checker for Clang. The reported results
obtained by analyzing C/C++ open source projects make a convincing
case for implementing such functionality in gcc/g++ as well. Is
somebody looking into this?