This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: add .cc files to libgcc.a
- From: Jonathan Wakely <jwakely dot gcc at gmail dot com>
- To: Perry Smith <pedzsan at gmail dot com>
- Cc: gcc <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Mon, 29 Oct 2012 14:32:55 +0000
- Subject: Re: add .cc files to libgcc.a
- References: <FE2943E3-6940-4AE3-B5FA-9ECF819BD152@gmail.com>
On Oct 29, 2012 1:54 PM, "Perry Smith" wrote:
> My original logic in adding them to libstdc++.a is they are only used (called) by code automatically produced by g++ and not gcc.
That doesn't make sense. Both gcc and g++ are just driver programs
that invoke the appropriate compiler program, which for C++ is
cc1plus. So C++ code can be compiled by gcc, and doesn't necessarily
link to libstdc++.
Putting the files in libsupc++ might make sense but libstdc++ is