Build/Makefile question

Hello,

I am working on a patch (which I hope to be able to submit in the next
few days), and I have run into a snag that I am hoping someone can
help me with.

As part of this patch, I am trying to build two new *.a (static
archive) libraries in libstdc++-v3/libsupc++.  I have modified
Makefile.am and rebuilt Makefile.in in libsupc++ to do this.  I had
this working just fine on GCC 4.6.3, but when I try to apply the
changes to GCC ToT, I find that something in the build system seems to
have changed:  Not only is it building the two static archive
libraries, it is ALSO then building two dynamic shared libraries (*.so
files), which I do NOT want.  And even worse, it's putting the wrong
stuff into the .so files.  I have not been able to find/isolate the
code that is telling GCC to go build the .so files. As I said, this
worked for me in GCC 4.6.3.  Does anybody know what might be going
wrong or where/how to fix this?   Help, please??

-- Caroline TIce
cmtice@google.com