RE: Documentation problem with TEXT_SECTION_ASM_OP

I think we might really need to synthesize it since as I said before I don't think crtstuff.c is ok with it if TEXT_SECTION_ASM_OP is not defined. I will look into the best way to do that.

> > #define __LIBGCC_TEXT_SECTION_ASM_OP__ "        .section .text, "axU""
>
> So you should teach builtin_define_with_value to generate proper escapes
> when producing a string.

I am slightly amazed that nothing implemented this before in GCC. I have defined a simple function that deals with the most used escapes.
Is there a better source of allowed escapes in GCC besides looking into the lexer?

Are these changes to handling of TEXT_SECTION_ASM_OP interesting for GCC? If they are I will look further into improving the code and turning it into a patch.

Cheers,

Paulo Matos